E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's

Monday, February 27, 2012

And the Oscar goes to...

While most of the actresses we saw last night have been exercising and starving themselves for weeks, (Yes, I'm talking to you, Angelina.) quite the opposite was happening at my home. I spent the evening with five lovely ladies all of whom were sporting their favorite pj's.  The only rule at my party was that you must show up wearing something with an elastic waist band.  Not only did we NOT sport our favorite couture pieces, but we also fully enjoyed second helpings of a full-fat, casserole including meal. It was delicious if I do say so myself. We ate, sipped on red wine, and fully diverged our picks for everything from best dressed to best leading actress.  It was divine. Before I share with you who wins my awards for "best dressed," I want to share with you an amazing meal idea.  If you are on a diet, then this meal isn't for you, sister.

The main course included:
*Soaked Salad
*Parmesean Knots
*The Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Noodle Bake  
SIDE NOTE: I subbed cream cheese for cottage cheese, and it was nothing short of delicious.

(Click on any of the links above to be directed to the recipe. That's just how nice I am.)

Now, I hadn't really planned on anything for dessert, but when six girls get together..dessert is inevitable. I scoured my fridge to see what I could whip together quickly, and I came up with this gem of an idea.  It's actually a terrible idea because these are sinfully delicious and take all of about 20 minutes to whip up, and that includes bake time!

Now, after googling it this morning I fully realize that I didn't actually invent this recipe, but I like what I did. Therefore, I am dubbing these...E.Leigh's Chocolate Crescent Rolls.  I highly suggest making these as soon as possible.  They were so delicious, I had to make a second batch after we scarfed down the first batch.


Now, since I have sufficiently tempted you with a meal nothing short of 3,000 calories, let's look at some very thin, fit women...shall we? 

My picks for the best of the best dressed of the 2012 Academy Awards...

Weren't you just absolutely LOVING all of the white gowns?!  White is so regal.  Milla Jovovich was nothing short of stunning this this amazing gown by Elie Saab. Don't you agree?

While I realize the cape wasn't everyone's pick...in my eyes Gwyneth can do no wrong...especially when she is sporting Tom Ford.  I loved this entire look.  By the way, in case you were wondering, we are on a first name basis.  
Was anyone else recalling a fabulous Pippa Middleton moment?

This cuff spot on, friends. The perfect touch indeed. 

Octavia Spencer looked like an Academy Award winner from the moment she arrived in this custom, hand beaded piece by Tadashi Shoji. We could all take a lesson on dressing for our body type from Octavia. 





































I know this Giambattista Valli dress received mixed reviews, but I absolutely loved it.  From the over the top bow to the punch of color, I loved every aspect of this dress. Great choice, Emma.

While she wasn't there to attend the show, Giuliana Rancic still stole the show in this amazing dress by Tom Ward.
Love, love, love...
There were so many other fabulous dresses! Who were your picks?

Wishing you light, love, and a very glamourous Monday.
Until we meet again...


No comments:

Post a Comment