E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home...

First of all, let me preface by saying that I do not pride myself on being a home decor expert.  I assure you that I am not.  I do, however, enjoy looking at how awesome other people are able to outfit their humble abodes. Lately, I have been getting a lot of questions about what my workspace is like considering at this point I am completely online.  My answer to this is...my workspace is my home and vice versa.  It makes it very difficult to pull yourself away from work somedays when you really should be enjoying yourself with a hot cup of tea curled up in front of the tele watching the newest episode of New Girl.  By the way, if you haven't watched this show you are TOTALLY missing out.  You're welcome for introducing you to this hilariously amazing show.  Therefore, today I have decided to post some pics of what my home/workspace looks like.

I also have been thinking a lot about wanting to change some of my decor up.  I have this weird thing that every time I move I want to get all new furniture.  This can get pretty pricey considering I have moved every year to year and a half over the past 5 years. It's too bad that my checking account can't seem to quite keep up with all this moving/redecorating I like to do.  Therefore, I have decided to focus on the things I love about my current home state in hopes that a little bit of gratitude for the things I already have will spark some new found love for the home decor that is sitting right here, right now, as is. (Small confession...I did, however, curb some of my home decor hunger by getting new bedroom furniture this past December. I had not purchased new bedroom furniture since my senior year of high school.  Friends, it was time.  Actually, it was WAY past time.  Sorry I'm not sorry.)

Ah... my bedroom. I have a new found obsession with gray walls...as you will see in my bedroom and bathroom. You have to get creative with neutrals when you're renting. This bed could perhaps be my favorite furniture piece in my home. I do not spend near enough time in that thing.


Ok, two of my favorite things in my bedroom...the french doors and the antique bird cage that was a total steal at a Dallas thrift store. Be still my heart.


This is my reading corner.  I have a slight obsession with comfy chairs with bold prints. Goodness, I love ikat...




I have taken a few nods from Pinterest as you will see in upcoming photos...empty frames on my walls is just one of them.  It was a DIY project that took all of about 30 minutes. 




These jewelry pieces are a permanent fixture on my mirrored chest.




The mirrored furniture was a huge leap from my boho inspired living room.  It just creates such a romantic and whimsical feel...pretty much everything I envisioned my bedroom to be. I think these side tables were the perfect size, and the perfect touch for my bedroom. (Note: Ignore the fact that I do not have any pictures in my frames, and that I have an obscene amount of reading material on this table.)  


Next up is the bathroom.  I find that old bathrooms are so hard to freshen up when you aren't actually doing any hard labor remodeling...here is my attempt.  I told you I was a little obsessed with grey.  I also slightly love the old gray tile floors.


Another Pinterest find...woven baskets used as shelving. Sorry I didn't empty out the trash can before I took the pic. Whoops! : /


My living room has a totally different feel... it's boho, eclectic galore!
I love finding random knick-knacks to scatter around anything that will sit still.



Another idea found on Pinterest...





I get more compliments on these living room chairs than anything else in my home.

Redecorating my dining room is the next big project...however I was able to put together this whole set up for less than $400. That includes the rug, table, chairs, art (self-made), place settings, and winter centerpiece.  (BTW...I also used the tree centerpiece as my Christmas tree. I called it my Charlie Brown tree.) 




Now I feel like you can at least get a pretty decent idea of the E.Leigh's headquarters and where I spend 90% of my time. 

Wishing you all light, love, and a very happy home.

Until we meet again...

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful girl!! I'm obsessed with grey too and I'm loving all your gorgeous prints everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady!! I just got your email and I'm SO excited about us collaborating!! :)

      Delete
  2. okay so how did you mount the woven baskets in the bathroom? Just curious. Looks like an easy fix. You have very nice taste. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girl! Thanks for your sweet comment! I actually am the LEAST handy person in the world, so I just used roofers nails and nailed them up there. I would actually suggest screwing them on the wall for anyone who is more handy than I am. ;)

      Delete
  3. Where did you get the dresser that has your TV on it? It's bee-u-tiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. quoc experts

    ReplyDelete