E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Big apologies & even BIGGER news!

Well, hello there.  It has been a while indeed....and by "a while" I mean months. I would be lying if I said that I didn't have an extra 30 minutes during all of my time away from the blog to post an update or a "What were they thinking Wednesday?!" post.  I have. Big apologies to you from me for going MIA on you.

However, I do have BIG news.
After this whirlwind of a year with E.Leigh's, I have decided to take the next step and open my first brick and mortar store. EEEEeeeeekkkkkk! (For those of you who can't see me...since this is a blog and not a live video feed, I am jumping up and down like a small child.  I'll go ahead and apologize for that too.)

I am beyond grateful for the wonderful opportunities that I have been blessed with this past year. This month marks one year since I took the leap of faith to open my own business.  My life has changed in ways that I couldn't imagine.  My dad gave me this advice, "Find something you love...something you'd dor for free, and then figure out a way to make money doing it.  You'll never work a day in your life."  Ever since I took his advice, Monday's have become fun again and late work nights feel like a hobby.  It amazes me that just a measly year ago I was sitting in my apartment wondering if all of this would work out, and now I am making plans and decisions to create the lovely, shabby-chic boutique I've always dreamed of.

What a difference a year makes.

The first store will be in Little Rock. It only feels right since my clientele has been more than gracious, and I would not be in such a lovely position without them. However, if you notice I said, "first." There will be more. I can promise you that. ;) I am shooting for a late April/ early May grand opening, and after attending Vegas market last week, Spring/Summer 2012 is looking divine...absolutely divine. I'm sure it will look even better hanging in an actual E.Leigh's boutique. I will keep all of you posted on all the details when a lease gets negotiated.


Wishing you all light, love, & lots of joy....
Until we meet again,

No comments:

Post a Comment