E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Seriously lovin'.... denim shirts

Top of the morning to you, lovely!  While we saw denim shirts make a huge splash this spring, I have news for you ladies, they aren't going anywhere for fall.  So, if you haven't invested in one of these easy, breezy, go-to tops, it is officially now time to do so.

For months, we have been seeing celebrities sporting their denim button downs with shorts, and as crop tops.  Now, we are seeing them with denim, leather shorts, fall skirts, and boots.  They were all over the front row (actually all of the rows) at fashion week.

Sidenote: I know Kelly Cutrone says that if you aren't in the first three rows at a show during Fashion Week you might as well not go.  I have news for you, Ms. Cutrone.  I don't care if I was offered a seat on the lighting service catwalk that's up in the rafters, I'd take it.  They could seriously offer me a seat on someone's lap and I'd be ecstatic. Next year, if you happen to see someone hanging from the rafters (or sitting on some random F-list celebrity's lap) during Fashion Week, it could very well be moi'.  


Kate Moss, front row at Mulberry sporting a denim button down, jeans, boots, and a hat. (You know how I feel about hats!)


Emily Schuman is the writer of the blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere.  She showed up at the Tory Burch show looking completely swoon worthy in her  Club Monaco denim blouse and Miu Miu leather shorts.


Kate Bosworth is completely on trend with this look.  Denim shirt, skinnies, men's style booties, and she tops it off with a top knot.  Yes, please.


Ciara sports hers at the US Open.  I'm loving the layered bracelets with the watch, aren't you?

Now, for those of you gals who may need a little inspiration, I have found a couple of looks to give you just that!

This is my ideal denim shirt look I created on Polyvore. (If you haven't tried to create anything on Polyvore yet, you totally should.  It's so fun.  It actually might be perfect for a boring day at work.  Not that I'm condoning playing on the computer at work or anything like that.  I would never.)


This look I discovered on Pinterest, and I think it falls right in line with the casual, chic look I'm going for this fall.  Although, I would probably add a scarf because I feel the same way about scarves as Paula Deen does about butter.  Everything is better with a scarf. 

Where can you buy a denim button down at a reasonable price, you ask?? Well, look no further because I've done the hard part for you.

Both of these are available at TopShop for less than $42.  Yeah, I know.  It's a total steal.

Click on the picture to take you to the purchase page.

Until we meet again...
Wishing you light, love, and an inspirational day.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the denim look - so glad it's continuing on into fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete