E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's E. Leigh's

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beg, Borrow, or Steal…The Short and Sweet Post for Babes on a Budget


Well, well, well…it happens to be that time again.  Yes!  You have guessed it!  It’s Tuesday, which means it’s time to beg, borrow, or steal. 

You know, I usually don’t agree with two out of the three of those things.  I find that it is rarely appropriate to beg for or steal anything, but I guess for our purposes I’ll condone it. 

I’m going to try to refrain from any crazy rants about poor shopping experiences or odd rhetoric about my unusual body parts today in hopes of keeping the post on this lovely Tuesday short and sweet.  Let’s get started, shall we?


Things to Beg for:

Oh golly...I love, love, love a fabulous trench coat.  I especially love one that has just the right amount of femininity to it, and the knit sleeves on this Viktor and Rolf trench give it just that.  Plus the color is just perfect, but it better be for $2,395.00.  

Goodness...I love tassels, and I love Chanel, but maybe not for $2,530.00.


Hello, Pretty!  Haute Hippie has done it again.  I. Want. This. Dress.  I guess it would also be nice to have somewhere to wear it, and until I do I am going to forgo spending the $565.00 on this little number.

Things to Borrow:

If I were looking for an easy last minute vacay dress, I would look no further than this easy, breezy Missoni halter.  It makes me want to throw on some wedges, pull out a big pair of shades, and stroll through some Italian village.  While it retails for $695.00, you can rent it for 7 days for $69.50.  


Since we are dreaming of an Italian vacation...maybe I'll rent a pair of these Chloe Abelie cat eye glasses to go with my rented dress.  Why not for an extra $14 a week? Hey, it's better than spending an extra $250 to purchase them outright.

Things to Steal:

I am a huge fan of the shift dress, and if you're an 8 to 5 career girl you should be too.  Where else are you going to find a shift in this color AND an exposed zipper for around $66?  For that price, go ahead and kill me now because I'm already dying.



Ok, so here is my solution for the perfectly put together, yet completely unfussy handbag for fall.  Her name is Edith and she is fabulous.  Everything about her is fabulous, including her price at only $70.  While the picture with the model shows her in a reddish color, I prefer her in black (with the shoulder strap, of course.)  She was also featured in the Zoe Report and People Style Watch.

Personally, I love these.  (Yes, I do realize that I must personally love everything on this blog considering it is my blog.)  They're not too long, just the right amount of glam, and you can get them for less than $15.  Seriously?? Yes, please!

Well, we've reached the end of our short and sweet Tuesday post.  Until tomorrow...

I'm wishing you light, love, and a sweet, sweet Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment